It is advised that a club has two
Welfare Officers (1 male and 1 female)
The Welfare Officer will:
- Deal with confidential matters that
may arise related to athletes and have an understanding and an
appropriate way to such matters.
- Responsible for the promotion of
codes of conduct to members, parents and young people.
- Receive, record and pass on to the
NGB Child Protection officer, any concerns relating to the welfare
of young people and vulnerable adults
- To provide advice on the development
of activities for young people within the club/organisation.
- Support the registration of all
personnel involved in activities for young people with the
club/organisation (CRB checks).
- Recognise the difference between
poor practice in according to club rules and matters that would be
seen as welfare issue.
Welfare Officer 1
Name: Glyn Davies
Phone Number: 01202 880862
Welfare Officer 2
Name: Lorraine Winton
Phone Number: 01258 456178