- We aim to promote and encourage participation in recreational and competitive athletics in Wimborne and surrounding areas.
- The focus is on fun and enjoyment to ensure that all abilities for those aged from eight through to adults benefit from the experience.
- We offer a friendly and welcoming sporting environment to new members.
- We employ an inclusive approach to all members.
- We provide comprehensive training delivered by enthusiastic, competent and qualified coaches.
- We optimise the abilities of and opportunities for all members.
- We conduct ourselves in a responsible manner and adhere to the rules and accepted practices in athletic competition.
- We encourage both individual motivation and a Team ethos.
- We promote fitness and healthy lifestyle within the community.
Club Strategic Goals
a. Recruit new members from schools and from within the community.
b. Develop and assist athletes to reach their potential.
2. Club and Facilities
a. Improve existing facilities and establish a more substantive base from which to operate.
b. Maintain the club’s solid financial footing and re-invest growth funds into facility improvement.
c. Explore opportunities and ideas which enable us to promote the club and attract funds.
d. Ensure the club and its members operate in such a manner that meets England Athletics Club Standard.
3. Coaches, Officials and Volunteers
a. Recruit, train and develop coaches, officials and volunteers to support athletes in their development.
a. Offer opportunities for athletes to participate and compete in events.
Work in partnership with other clubs and organizations to provide development opportunities for talented athletes.
Development Plan updated 16 Nov 2021