About Wimborne AC
WIMBORNE ATHLETIC CLUB was established in 1984 and is run to promote and encourage participation in recreational and competitive athletics in Wimborne and the surrounding areas for those aged eight through to adults. We are a family oriented club that prides itself in offering comprehensive and friendly training sessions covering all athletic events.
We are affiliated to England Athletics, South Of England AA and Dorset County AA. All members are individually affiliated to England Athletics by the Club.
The Club is essentially funded by the annual subscriptions of its members plus track fees levied at each training session. Other sources of funds are donations, grants and social events. The majority of its expenditure is accounted for by the hire of indoor and outdoor facilities at the QE Leisure Centre. Equipment also has to be purchased and replaced and fees have to be paid for affiliation to Athletic bodies and leagues. The Club endeavours to keep its running expenses to a minimum and attempts to break even on a year-on-year basis.
Aims and Objectives
Our aims and objectives are simple:-
- To provide a safe and structured training environment to encourage children, teenagers and mature athletes to enjoy the activities and develop their potential.
- To organise and run training sessions which enable its members to attain and maintain competitive fitness levels.
- To liaise with schools, parents and other local clubs to increase awareness of athletics in the area and offer an appropriate club structure where athletics is sustainable.
- To offer competitive opportunities for athletes.
- To build up a social structure within the club which has the merit of team building as well as providing opportunities for fundraising.
Wimborne Athletic Club extended its Clubmark status in December 2012 after the club’s detailed application submission was approved by England Athletics. Clubmark is a nationally recognised accreditation scheme open to all sporting clubs. It was established to provide a platform from which organisations can build a sustainable future by ensuring that they provide a safe, effective and child friendly club environment.
Clubmark has 4 key areas:
- Club Management
- Duty of Care & welfare
- Sports equity and ethics
- The coaching and competition programme
If you have any questions about Clubmark specifically or how the club operates generally, please feel free to contact Glyn Davies on 01202 880862 or via firstname.lastname@example.org