Club Championship Standings
For current standings of 2020 club championship – click Here
The races for the 2020 WAC Road Runners Championship, which are listed below, consist of the 12 League events nominated for the DRRL, less the Wimborne 10 (11 in total).
2. All paid up members qualify (agreed and confirmed by the membership secretary). No membership – No points!
3. First claim runners and second claim runners, whose first claim team does not have a road running section, will qualify.
4. Athletes are to enter races as a Wimborne Athletic Club runner and are obliged to wear club colours.
5. The scoring system in each race is as follows:
a. 1st male and female: 50 points;
b. 2nd male and female: 49 points;
c. 3rd male and female: 48 points;
d. 4th male and female: 47 points (etc).
6. Positions will be taken from the official race results. All WAC finishers, aged 18 and above, will receive points.
7. Awards will be presented to male and female winners and runners-up, in the following age groups: under 35; 36-45; 46-55; 56-65; 66 & over. Age on 31st December of the Championship year determines the age group for the entire year.
8. To qualify for an award, runners must complete at least 6 races.
9. A bonus of 5 points will be awarded to runners for every race completed over the minimum 6.
10. At the end of the season, runners’ best 6 results will be totalled, and any subsequent bonus points will be added. Runners with the highest score take the awards.
11. In the event of a tie, athletes who have completed the most races will be the winner. If still tied, the best time in the last Championship race (that the tied runners finished) will be used as the decider. And, if still tied, the award will be shared.
12. If any Championship race is cancelled by the Race or Championship Organiser or deemed not suitable, for whatever reason, the total number of Championship races will be reduced accordingly.
13. All athletes
have a responsibility to ensure their details are given correctly when entering
races. Club Championship and Race
Organisers must be advised of any changes, ideally prior to the event taking
place. Failure to do so may result in
you not being included in the Championship results for that race. The responsibility is on the individual, not
the Championship Organiser.
|1||1 January||Broadstone Quarter||¼ Marathon|
|2||2 February||Blackmore Half||½ Marathon|
|3||9 February||Lytchett 10||10m|
|4||19 April||Marnhull 10k||10km|
|5||3 May||North Dorset Marathon||Marathon|
|6||17 May||May 5||5m|
|7||14 June||Puddletown Half||½ Marathon|
|8||26 June||Purbeck 10k||10km|
|9||5 July||Portland 10||10m|
|10||27 September||Hoburne 5||5m|
|11||11 October||Gold Hill 10k||10km|
WAC Road Running Championship – Most Improved Athlete
- All paid up, first claim, Road Running members, and second claim members, whose first claim team does not have a road running section, who have completed a minimum of 5 different road races will be considered for the Most Improved Athlete award. Please note that parkruns count as 1 qualifying event regardless of the number participated in.
- Awards will be presented to both male and female athletes who the Road Running sub-committee assess to have improved the most over the season.
Club Championship Standings History
For final points totals and results for the 2019 Club Championship click Here
For final points totals and results for the 2018 Club Championship click Here
For final points totals and results for the 2017 Club Championship click Here
For final points totals and results for the 2016 Club Championship click Here
For final points totals and results for the 2015 Club Championship click Here
For final points totals and results for the 2014 Club Championship click Here
For final points totals and results for the 2013 Club Championship click Here
For final points totals and results for the 2012 Club Championship click Here