You’ll be aware that many clubs have cancelled or postponed their races until later in the year, many having incurred costs and spent time organising their events. We are starting to approach the time to also incur costs and start planning the Wimborne 10 but as there is still so much uncertainty over what the environment `post lockdown’ will be , we’ve decided to cancel the race for 2020. The date has been offered to another club so that they can reschedule their event using our slot in the race calendar. This seemed like a fair and reasonable thing to do given that so many events are trying to get their postponed events back in the calendar.
Slightly sad but having quite recently planned and incurred costs for the Wimborne 20 in 2018 only for it to be cancelled due to snow, we know the pain that other clubs will be feeling and wanted to help.
The next two club races are therefore:
Wimborne 20 – 7th March 2021
Wimborne 10 – 21st November 2021
Steve Wyatt – Race Director