Wimborne Athletic Club is committed to ensuring that all members that attend training sessions and
compete on its behalf do so with health, safety and athlete well-being as a priority. Levels of
training are geared towards the abilities and age ranges of those participating.
Health and Safety Policy
In matters of this nature, the club takes a lead from guidance provided by UK Athletics. It is also
bound by certain operating policies and restrictions placed upon it by local facility providers.
As a club, we acknowledge the following duties:
– to undertake regular risk assessments on the environment and specific areas at which we
– to ensure a safe and controlled environment
– to ensure that athletes train with a frequency and intensity commensurate with their age and
– to ensure that through the club website club members are aware of the club’s duties and their
individual responsibilities in Health & Safety matters
– to ensure club coaches and helpers are aware of first aid provision and emergency operating
– to ensure appropriate first aid cover and maintain a record of accidents occurring during club
Members’ Health & Safety duties
It should be acknowledged that certain Health & Safety matters are primarily the responsibility of
individual member to:
– take reasonable care of their own Health & Safety and that of others in their training group
– recognize that sub-optimal fitness levels may affect their ability to train or compete safely
– follow coach/club advice and guidance on coaching routines and use of equipment at
– Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any club activity – via the incident reporting form.